Get The Divorce You Want
The overall tone of divorce proceedings is controlled in large part by the parties getting divorced. However, your lawyer and your spouse’s lawyer will also play a significant role in resolving the important issues that must be addressed.
At Weiss & Weiss, LLC, we strive to help our clients in central and northern New Jersey navigate the divorce process with minimal drama and stress. We achieve this, in large part, by working closely with every client at the outset to set realistic expectations, prioritize objectives and maintain an open communication with your spouse and his or her legal representation.
A prenuptial agreement is a smart way to protect assets you are bringing into a marriage and prevent expensive legal battles if a marriage does not last. Contact us to learn more.
Helping You Shape Your Post-Divorce Life
At the same time, we understand that the decisions made in divorce will frame the look and feel of your post-divorce life. Thus, it is important to protect your interests, whether that is regarding your role as a parent or your financial stability as you begin the next chapter of your life. We strive to resolve all issues without the need to litigate, but our family law attorneys are always prepared to go to court to protect your rights if a fair agreement cannot be reached amicably.
Many clients who come to us after a frustrating experience with another family law firm say their frustration stems from a lack of communication from their attorney regarding the status of their case or the options they have. That’s why we emphasize a personal approach that includes clear and constant updates.
We represent clients in all aspects of divorce, including:
- Child custody and the development of parenting plans for noncustodial parents
- Property division, including the division of complex assets such as investment real estate, retirement plans, pensions and closely held businesses
- Child support, whether you expect to receive support payments or pay them
- Spousal maintenance that provides financial support for a non-income earning spouse while he or she obtains the training necessary to become self-sufficient
- Post-divorce modifications such as adjustments to custody or support when life changes warrant them
- Relocations with or without a child, including legal steps to prevent your child’s other parent from relocating with the child
- Domestic violence issues if an order of protection is necessary or you need to defend against accusations of abuse
- Grandparents’ rights, including petitions for legal guardianship
- Adoptions and stepparent adoptions
Ready To Represent You
Divorce does not have to be the agonizing ordeal many make it out to be. Our experienced legal team can help pave through a practical, stress-free divorce. Call 908-300-3461 or use our online contact form to schedule a consultation. We will answer your questions and provide a candid assessment of what you can expect.